I don’t think saying blue ivy is ugly is funny and I’m being serious I’m not really opening the floor up for dissenting opinions… You all are disgusting and I especially note non-Black PoC saying she isn’t pretty *and* saying north west is prettier like do you think Black people don’t know that you don’t like Blue because she has features you’re associating with Blackness and her father that you don’t like? like… It’s transparent as fuck and disgusting, she’s a baby, she’s adorable and you’re vile.. And it’s not because “omg I love beyonce” like you all are acting a fucking ass and being disgusting towards a Black child like it’s just a dash topic like, no…
Nicole Perlman is the first female ever to have a writing credit on a Marvel movie, but her breakthrough is facing pushback from James Gunn.
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
Why do you keep smiling?
Because I like you.
Since July 17th there has been five reported occurrences exemplifying the police and American justice system’s lack of reverence for Black life. These are the five stories that were able to attract at least minimal attention. Who knows what is going on out there covered up (like the Ferguson police is trying to do with Mike Brown’s murder), unrecorded, and unknown. In the past 23 days the police have perpetrated the humiliation, degradation, and murdering of Black dignity,souls, and people. Knowledge is power. Do not rely on mainstream media to give you the full/accurate story. They will always be complicit in the devaluing of Black life because Blackness has been criminalized in America. Please spread these stories and add any more that you know of under the hashtag #badges are the new hoods. We need to start documenting, and spreading information. They will try to silence us as they did to Ramsey Orta, and Alba Lekaj, the people who filmed the NYPD harasing and murdering Eric Garner. But united we can make a difference. Knowledge is power. Stay woke Black America, Stay woke.
this happened in the past 23 days
PSA: Please stop reblogging this post.
I have seen this post at least 5 times tonight and it includes a link to a graphic image of Michael Brown’s dead body.
Please do not reblog this post and if you have already please delete it. Respect the Brown family’s wishes and find another way to spread awareness and information about these events.
Information is one thing, but pictures are not needed anymore folks. Respect the families wishes.